Requisition ID: 1664
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
The Insurance Service Associate is to provide a combination of in-force, marketing and sales support to one or more Insurance Consultants.
Provide sales support to Insurance Consultants
- Tracking prospects on SmartOffice and following up on them with the Insurance Consultant
- Preparing all necessary new business documentation (i.e. applications, CA-89, referral forms, etc.) for the Insurance Consultant’s meeting with client/advisor to ensure compliance.
- Completing insurance applications with client for smaller insurance cases as required.
- Being the primary contact when Insurance Consultant is away.
Provide In-force support to Insurance Consultant Teams by
- Providing inforce illustrations
- Facilitating service requests/changes for in-force policies including helping advisors complete applicable forms (i.e. Title, Banking, Address, Fund Allocation, Death Claim, Duplicate policy, Cancellations) and sending these to the carriers including following up on their completion.
- Facilitating requests for quotes on Cash Surrender Values (CSV), Loans and Adjusted Cost Basis (ACB).
- Running premium reminder reports on a monthly basis and sending them to the advisors.
- Running term conversion reports from SmartOffice or from the carrier on potential revenue-generating opportunities.
- Assisting in the follow-up of orphan re-assignments from departed advisors.
- Review Agent of Record (AORs) forms for completeness, licensing requirement and accuracy before submission to SWIS Head Office for processing,
Provide sales and marketing support by:
- Running quotes and illustrations when requested by ICs and advisors utilizing multiple insurance company software programs and internal spreadsheet templates;
- Distributing promotional and marketing material on an ad-hoc or regular basis;
- Discussing marketing strategies with ICs and then helping to implement them.
Facilitate sales and educational opportunities by:
- Setting up client and advisor meetings;
- Assisting with seminars – organizing, registering participants, sending out CE certificates;
- Organizing lunch and learn sessions for advisors when required.
Maintain accurate and complete records by:
- Inputting information into client relationship management database;
- Maintaining complete records of any documentation, communication, and notes in client files;
- Calling clients and advisors when missing information is required;
- If necessary, following up for any documentation that is necessary for the underwriting process.
- Follow-up to ensure that cases are settled and commissions are received.
Handle other administrative duties as required by:
- Managing the insurance office
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail and couriers
- Ensuring that any calls, faxes, and e-mails are attended and responded to in a timely fashion
- Ensuring forms supply are of the most recent version
- Submitting and following up on IC expenses
- Assist in arranging IC travel arrangements
- Assist IC in coordinating their schedules and appointments.
Contribute to the effective functioning of the SMW Insurance team by:
- Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts
- Maintaining a high level of customer service
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members
- Life insurance license (LLQP)
- Willingness to enhance educational qualifications through obtaining CFP or CLU designations
- Thorough knowledge of insurance company software and spreadsheet presentation templates
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience in Life insurance industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, working well with minimal direction and multi-task
- Excellent time management skills to handle sensitive materials and the pressure of last minute deadlines/requests
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and responsibility for their completion
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.